Electronics hobbyist, engineer, physicist. I have lived and worked in quite a few places around the world. Overall, I believe in a united, peaceful and caring humanity since we have one home that connects all of us. Planet Earth.
- 2 Comment(s)
- 24 Comment(s)
- 22 Comment(s)
- 555-based class-D headphone driver makes great practice amp
- Interesting circuit... It would have been nice to have audio clips online representing "before" and "after" the conditioning by the circuit.
- Improve efficiency of low-cost switcher
- That's a neat method to reduce the power dissipation in Q2 that leads to higher output efficiency. What are the considerations for selecting C1 for the general PWM driver that can, for instance, work at several MHz? I think the 34063 works at 100kHz tops.
- Variable HV power supply employs photovoltaic optocoupler
- Nice concept, I have seen such a scheme used for a 48V telecoms line. It would have been really neat to power the converter offline and derive and auxiliary supply for the controller from there as well and eliminate the separate 15V.
- SPICE models need correlation to measurements
- In the instance above, something about the model made it USEFUL over an above the measurement. However, in general, a model may be completely unrealistic.
- Three-transistor current source covers wide range
- My goodness! I consider you guys electronics Royalty! I am truly humbled. I will get a copy of AoE when it's out. Keep well.
- Wireless bicycle brake light
- 6 or less: Circuit designs using 6 components or less
- Such as circuit is only for a world with perfectly stable AC supply. That is, not counting the effects of reactive and industrial loads connected in the vicinity. Even one of God's lightning bolts will kill anything else connected.
- Simplify DC-DC Converter Characterization
- I would have liked to read something about robustness quantification, i.e. the performance of the output to perturbations such as sudden (step) changes in input voltage, load stepping, etc.
- Neil Young: Say Yes to 24-bit/192-kHz audio
- Ah, I see where that is going! Nice sense of humor.
- Guarding chips against "electric floods"
- I have issues with the very first line: "...electrical current naturally flows from the higher voltage to lower..." What does that say about conduction due to positively charged particles, which can even be ionic and not necessarily fundamental charges? What does it say about MAJORITY hole conduction in an extrinsic semiconductor? The statement may be acceptable to a lower class of electrical students but not higher.
Page 1 of 9Next >