R O Ocaya's profile
Electronics hobbyist, engineer, physicist. I have lived and worked in quite a few places around the world. Overall, I believe in a united, peaceful and caring humanity since we have one home that connects all of us. Planet Earth.
- 2 Comment(s)
- 24 Comment(s)
- 22 Comment(s)
- Linearize thermistors with new formula
- Yes, makes sense.
- Is Technology More Advanced than it Appears?
- I find it annoying that the extent of "advanced", "technology" discussed in the article revolves around "bomb", "super-bomb" and not much else. Nothing is said about advances in medical science, material sciences, economics, transportation, green-energy generation, social upheavals, democratization of much of the world as a consequence of the advancement of technology. A pacifist I may be, but I stand by the view that the article is seriously lacking.
- Implement a stepper motor driver for smart gauges—Part I
- I am a tad disappointed that the tutorial has not (m)any useful diagrams for something that can get as involved as stepper motor control. For me the application note from Microchip remains an authoritative treatise on the topic, i.e. AN1307 - Stepper Motor Control with dsPIC® DSCs
- Use a heated diode as a flow sensor
- HI Michael, I've been pondering the words of barryfish below especially with respect to the phrase "... like so many others is sad". In my view saying such things is not necessarily a bad thing but that it reflects the reader's subjective position makes it difficult to contextualize. Such comments in the public domain, however sincere, are not unique to barryfish. May I therefore suggest a rating system for submitted ideas and articles e.g. a 1 to 5 point system with a submit button for evaluation purposes? This would also solve the problem of selecting the "best design ideas" over a period of time. I have followed the work of Raju Baddi and I am inclined to respect his contributions, especially since I think I understand the conditions under which he works.
- Greatly improve dV/dt immunity of SCRs
- I have tried in vain to simulate the circuit in LT-Spice. I encountered a simulation problem in a recent DI ("VCO using the TL431 reference"). When I transcribed the circuit directly as-is from the datasheet the operating point-voltages were all wrong. When I paralleled two transistors together (see Fig. 2 of the DI), only then were the voltages as expected. Is there something I am missing, may be a transistor area factor in the simulation? Marian, try to be nice.
- A true op-amp made from inverters
- That might help. I am making a mental note to assemble the circuit as soon as I can and put it through its paces.
- Star Trek tech
- I really dove into electronics thanks to the first Star Trek series and Carl Sagan's Cosmos. I missed so many university lectures just to catch up on these two series every week. Still, I never failed a single paper. Thank you Gene and Carl. You've done more for the free world than you could ever realize.
- Synaptic transistor adapts as it computes
- Supplementary information can be found at http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2013/131031/ncomms3676/extref/ncomms3676-s1.pdf