Oliver Sedlacek's profile
Biography has not been added
Oliver Sedlacek's contributions
- Debug ARM Cortex without a header on your PCB
- Oooh, I like that. Low profile, one fewer production connector to manage, purchase, fit, break etc.
- Is a shark biting your product?
- Love the video, thanks
- 11 summer vacation spots for engineers
- Elephant and Castle wouldn't be one of my suggested tourist destinations in the UK as it's likely to be a big disappointment. I'd suggest Bletcheley Park, home of the WWII code breakers as a much better bet.
- Crossovers using the Bernstein Function
- Having mulled over crossovers a fair few times, I'm also interested in anything that can shed some light on the issues. I've never managed to convince myself that when you look at the time domain you can get anything like a seamless audio 'join' across two drive units. The bass-to-midrange transition doesn't look too bad if it's below say 150Hz, not least because at this wavelength the unit can be placed acoustically close to each other. The mid-to-high transition is really hard to manage, so moving it out of the ear's most senstive frequency range is usually my first tactic.
- Is this the smallest battery in widespread use?
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I found it quite thought provoking and topical.
- The Automata Processor - Practical processing in memory
- Looks like the 'Content Addressable Memory' and 'Content Addressable Parallel Processor' may make a comeback. As per the law of sod, I've only recently chucked out my old book on the subject.
- Big battery packs: Solution to renewable-power challenge?
- As mentioned previously, lithium battery technology tops the list when it comes to 'stored energy per kg'. What we need is a battery that maximises 'lifetime stored energy per dollar', which is quite a different problem. Nickel-Iron scores well because it is cheap, proven and tolerates a large number of cycles. Flow cell batteries also score well especially when scaled up.
- DOE challenges lighting engineers with PAR38 competition
- I'm pleased it's not just me that's bothered by the low CRI of cheap LED lamps (even if the correlation with colour quality is imperfect). I really hope this spurs the industry on.
- Cranking simulator made easy
- Nice article, thanks for sharing
- The inexorable rise of the appcessory
- Quote: Such innovations have encouraged companies that have traditionally focused on software apps for smartphones and tablets to confidently extend their offerings to hardware in the form of peripherals (or accessories) that rely on an app to fulfil their function. The bill for compliance checking will come as a bit of a shock to a software company!
Page 1 of 5Next >